Will these make you work harder to meet your goals? Hard work, ultimately, has to meet with the right opportunities and that’s where entrepreneurial spirit can come in, allowing passion to meet real business sense.
- Treat goals like recipes. Remember to take it one step at a time. It’s easy to get mired in the day-to-day running and though you may be doing something you love broadly speaking, that doesn’t mean you will love it all the time. Keep your ultimate objectives in mind but try to appreciate and not look past where you are today.
- Get to know the people who came before you. Get a better understanding of the business successes and mistakes. You will gain an understanding of what went into their level of achievement.
- Always have something to offer. Start small, observe and make suggestions. Take a little bit of time to build trust and have something to offer that helps people open up more.
- Seek help from those who do it better than you can. Use your network and resources thoughtfully. If you don’t have a skill, you likely know someone who does.
- Prepare to be uncomfortable, both physically and mentally. Some of the greatest lessons and most gratifying experiences have come from times when you possibly weren’t entirely comfortable with what you were doing.
It just goes to show: When you’re pushed, you push back. Rise to the occasion because success might be waiting around the corner for you.