By Tiffany Kamo, IT Recruitment Resourcer
Eden Ritchie Recruitment
Well, the end of the year is near and a new one is right around the corner! Here are some top tips on how to set a career goal moving into 2019.
Evaluation of the past, present and future
Evaluate where you have been, what you most want to do and think about where you can do it.
What were your goals in 2018? How close did you come to meeting them? If you met them, do you think there was any specific method that assisted to meet this goal? If not – how close did you come, and what would you change?
The more carefully you think through where you’ve been, the easier it is to identify obstacles and opportunities to assist in moving forward.
SMART Goal Setting method
When setting your career goal for 2019, use the SMART criteria to assist in making measurable career goals. A SMART goal is one that is:
- Specific – Goal objectives should address the five W’s… who, what, when, where, and why. It should be precise, simplistically-written and easy to understand.
- Measurable – The success toward meeting the goal can be measured – how will you know when you have met this goal?
- Achievable – The goal should challenge you slightly but still be reachable with consideration to your skills and abilities.
- Relevant – Align the goal with your current tasks. Give yourself the chance to succeed by setting goals you have the ability to accomplish.
- Time based – Goal objectives should identify a definite target date for completion and/or frequencies for specific action steps that are important for achieving the goal.
Contact us on (07) 3230 0033 to arrange a time to come in and meet us and discuss how we can be of assistance to help you achieve your career goals in 2019!