Whilst many people dread the people management side of business life, I have to say I really love it. Okay, I don’t always love those tough conversations! But over time I have improved considerably in how I do this and really relish the opportunity to have a hand in helping people stay on track!
So here are my top five tips for staying on track!!
1. Evolve or dissolve! In order to take your life to the next level you need to reinvent yourself. So as you increase your knowledge and your own personal awareness, you must continue to evolve… change is constant and inevitable. It is the one thing that will never go away in your life!
2. Support your colleagues. Hold one another accountable. Continue your group meetings with those people that you resonate with most. They will inspire you and help you grow.
3. The fortune is in the follow through. Even if it is only a small improvement each day, the change over a year will be phenomenal. Be consistent, show resilience and your fortune lies ahead.
4. Find your own leadership style and embrace that. See yourself positively, remember if you see yourself in a negative light, then you will follow that direction in your body language, your communication and in your life. Be mindful of your negative self-talk. Make the choice to think a different way, it’s amazing the difference it can make.
5. Be Courageous! Put strategies in place to move forward. Find and use mentors. Think carefully about what you want from them and what you can contribute back to them. Remember it is a two-way relationship!!!
It is easy to lose focus on what really counts, so I personally try and follow these five key messages to keep me focused at work, on what really matters.